As we move into the start of a new month, we encourage you to take some time to reassess your business and its goals. Regular check ins are a wonderful way to keep yourself motivated and moving forward in your business. Integrating our continuing education courses into your business model is one great way to keep up to date on the latest and greatest in our industry. The Bridal Society has a number of continuing education courses available to all alumni and we are regularly adding new courses. These courses are one of the major perks of The Bridal Society membership. Each course gives you a chance to delve into a specific topic in great detail, with an expert to guide you along the way. And don’t forget, with the completion of 6 courses, you will be eligible to raise your credentials from “Certified Wedding Planner” to “SENIOR Certified Wedding Planner”!
Our current course offering includes:
1. Key Elements to Wedding Budgets – One of the things clients need help with the most is understanding how far their budget can take them. Knowing how to properly assemble a wedding budget and the vendors and players that need to be included will give you the skills to manage both your client’s money and expectations appropriately.
2. Ready Set Rehearsal – Running a wedding rehearsal for the first time can seem like a daunting task. In this course you will get a run down of exactly what to expect and what you need to include when it’s your turn to run the show! Whether it’s your first time running a rehearsal or you’d like to brush up on your skills and learn some new techniques to help things run more smoothly, this class is for you!
3. Paper goods- Wedding paper goods have become a whole industry in and of itself. This course will teach you everything you need to know about wedding invitations as well as inform you how to become an invitation dealer yourself.
4. Creating a wedding day itinerary – For a planner, your itinerary is your bible the day of the wedding! Not only does it help keep vendors and your client on track, it will help keep YOU on track as well. Having all of the elements properly scheduled and correctly in place will help ensure your event runs smoothly.
5. Defining business etiquette – One of the hallmarks of a successful business is proper business etiquette. The tips and advice given in this course are sure to make you more successful in running your own business.
6. 14 keys to a more successful you – This course is hugely helpful in both business and life! Motivating, inspirational and chalk full of great advice, this course will get you ready to tackle the small and large hurdles in your company and in your everyday life.
7. Understanding Websites – In the digital age, your website is often your client’s first impression of you. Understanding your website is key to controlling your client’s perception of your company and your brand.
8. Vendors, Venues and Clients, Oh My! – Juggling and managing all of the different players in the planning process can be overwhelming. This course offers tips and tricks to handle your vendors, venues and clients like a pro.
9. Branding Your Business – For many of you who own your own business, you are selling your brand. Learning how to properly brand your business and present your image in a way that attracts clients can make or break your business.
10. Marriage Equality – As the wedding industry expands to include our same sex couples and many planners are specializing in weddings that celebrate marriage equality, we are happy to present a course that shares tips and advice geared specifically toward these celebrations.
11. Middle and South Eastern Weddings – Get to know more about the specific customs and traditions of these cultures and find out what to expect when planning and Middle Eastern or South Eastern Wedding.
12. Understanding Catering Managers and Planners, Working Well Together- This course describes how to understand BOTH catering managers and wedding planners and how they can best work with each other. The more we understand where the other person is coming from, the better we can all serve our clients.
For alumni in need of additional information regarding these courses or wanting to register for a course, please visit our private Facebook forum.